Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor died yesterday...



On Feb. 11, it was announced that she had been in taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles earlier that week for symptoms caused by congestive heart failure, and around 1:30 a.m. on 3/23/11 she “peacefully died there,” according to her publicist. “Though she had recently suffered a number of complications, her condition had stabilized and it was hoped that she would be able to return home. Sadly, this was not to be.”

I'm not here to bad mouth the dead, but I have a hard time caring about the death of a celebrity who hasn't acted in nearly 30 years.  For me personally I only remember her as a tabloid cover girl who was buddy buddy with Michael Jackson.  Yes, I've seen Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and Cleopatra.  Still not enough to make me care about this.  I'm merely posting it because it's apparently significant to somebody... Oh and it's a slow news day.

10 comments:

  1. what a legend. r.i.p. elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad times for her family no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in peace Elizabeth Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh... I have a hard time caring about any celeb.... its not like they care about me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sad story :( But nicly written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post. looking forward to reading your next one

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was a true film legend and paved the way for so many who came after her. She will be sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man. I hate to admit it, but I knew here only from her commercials

    ReplyDelete